Rapunzel’s Further Ado Foundation
presents the 2011 Songwriter’s Contest
Friday, October 21 8pm
- 1st: $200 plus 8 hours at Packing Shed Records
- 2nd: $100
- 3rd: $50
Entry Fee: $15
Cost for spectators: $5
Judges: Anne Williams of WNRN
Tina Owens of WMRA
All entries must be received by Wednesday, October 19.
Rules & Regs:
- Entries must be accompanied by the entry fee and three typewritten copies of the song lyrics, all of which MUST be received no later than Wednesday, October 19. Entries will not be complete until we receive both the entry fee and the lyrics.
- Each songwriter may submit one original song, which must be performed live before the panel of judges on Friday, October 21.
- Songwriters may engage another musician to perform the song on their behalf.
- The contest will be open to 30 participants, and entries will be accepted on a first-paid, first-served basis.
- Entry fees are non-refundable after Wednesday, October 19.
- The contest will be judged according to lyrics, melody and composition. Performance to be considered only as a tiebreaker.
- Multiple Songwriters who are members of the same band may enter individually and still present their material as a group; however, no more than two songs may be performed by the same band.
- Order of go will be determined according to a draw, which will be held at 7:30pm the night of the contest. You need not be present for the draw, but you MUST be present for whatever slot is pulled. If you miss your slot, you forfeit your entry.
2011 Songwriter’s Contest Entry Form
Please send the following information, along with the $15 entry fee and THREE typewritten copies of your lyrics to:
Rapunzel’s Songwriters’ Contest
PO Box 556
Lovingston VA 22949
Title of Song:
Band/musician performing the song (if other than songwriter):